With over three decades dedicated to developing music, and contributing to the musical expansion of the percussion genre, Dave is perfectly suited to helping others learn how to become fluent drummers themselves. His patience, passion, and love for music is no more apparent than when he is working with his students.
Teaching all styles from Jazz, Afro Beat, Hard Rock, Latin and beyond. All ages and abilities accepted with an emphasis on developing students’ creativity while providing the tools for a solid foundation of development.
- Teaching experience since 1987, Full-Time as a career since 1995.
- Done drum clinics on bills with legendary drummers such as: Carmine Appice (Rod Stewart, Vanilla Fudge), Ed Thigpen (Sarah Vaughn, Oscar Peterson), Paul Wertico (Pat Metheny), Gregg Bissonette (Ringo Starr, David Lee Roth), Dom Famularo, Ernie Adams (Al Dimeola), and John Sparrow (Violent Femmes)
- Charter member of the Drum Instructors Guild (D.I.G) from 1995-2007
- Member of the Vic Firth teaching network
Some instruction books/methods used:
- The Art Of Bop Drumming
- Afro Cuban Coordination For Drumset
- Master Studies
- Brazilian Coordination For Drumset
- Rhythmic Illusions
- Rhythmic Perspectives
- Patterns and much more
Whether you are just starting out, looking to refine your skills, or explore new territory in drumming or music fill out the form below.